CW-800 Simultaneous CO2 and Moisture Determinator
The CW-800 is designed for the rapid and accurate simultaneous determination of CO2 and H2O in materials such as lime, cement, gypsum, ores, minerals, etc.
The CW-800 is equipped with two independent infrared cells. The sensitivity of these cells can be customized to meet specific requirements. The IR absorption lengths can be individually selected to provide optimum precision for the analysis of high and low levels of CO2 and H2O.
The CW-800 features a microprocessor, a high temperature resistance furnace up to 1000 degrees Celsius and solid state infrared detectors with auto zero and auto range control.
CW-800M Simultaneous CO2 and Moisture Determinator
ELTRA’s CW-800M analyzer is designed for fractional analysis of carbon and water in one single operation. It is based on the proven technology of the CW-800 but has a modified furnace which allows fast adjustment of the temperature in the furnace. Different fractions of carbon and water of the sample are analyzed by applying different furnace temperatures. ELTRA’s CW-800M analyzer is designed for the precise, simultaneous determination of carbon (released as CO2) and water in lime, gypsum and cement from trace level up to 100 % (depending on sample weight). Other sample materials include ores, soil, minerals, slags and waste.
Up to five temperature steps (“ramps”) can be programmed for each application. The temperature levels and their durations are selectable. The maximum temperature is 1000°C.
Depending on the application step, either O2 can be used as furnace atmosphere (oxidation of the sample) or inert gas like N2 or argon.
The detection system of ELTRA’s CW-800M is very sensitive, reliable and guarantees a long lifetime. It can be customized according to the user’s requirements. Two infrared cells can be combined independently and allow highly precise measurement of the released CO2 and H2O.
- simultaneous carbon dioxide and water determination with minimal sample preparation
- Analysis of TOC (Total Organic Carbon) and TIC (Total Inorganic Carbon) without adding acids
- rapid, precise, accurate and reliable element determination
- wide range of materials can be analyzed
- resistance furnace temperature can be set up to 1000 °C in steps of 1° C
- up to 5 programmable steps with different temperatures (“ramps”) can be defined
- customized infrared cells provide wide, dynamic measuring range
- vpowerful software (multilingual, customized display, export of results)
- single and multipoint calibration
- no halogen trap required
- electronic gas flow control
- low maintenance
- robust design allows usage in production control and laboratory
Operation of the CW-800M is simple and convenient. After weighing the sample in a quartz boat, it is placed on the loading mechanism of the furnace. In the following, the analysis can be started and the boat is introduced into the furnace by the user. Depending on a user defined program, different temperatures and carrier gases are applied to the sample. While processing this program, the released CO2 and water is determined by the infrared cells. The received “chromatogram” of the sample subsequently shows different fractions of carbon and water of the sample. All data processing, control of the combustion process and calculating of the result is done by an external PC. The duration of the measurement depends on the length of the user defined steps. A common analysis takes about up to 20 minutes.