Oxygen / Nitrogen Analyzer ELEMENTRAC ON-p
The ELEMENTRAC ON-p determines oxygen and nitrogen in inorganic samples by inert gas fusion in an impulse furnace with temperatures in excess of 3,000 °C.
The ELEMENTRAC ON-p guarantees precise and fast sample analysis. The analyzer covers a wide range of applications such as metal, ceramics and other inorganic materials.
The ELEMENTRAC ON-p can be supplied with up to two infrared cells with different path lengths, accommodating both high and
alloys, cast iron, ceramics, copper, refractory metals, steel, …
- simultaneous nitrogen and oxygen determination with inert gas fusion technique
- NEW: closed gas management and optimized gas circulation for sensitive ON determination
- NEW: use of
cost efficientargon as carrier gas possible
- NEW: powerful catalyst furnace for precise oxygen measurement
- NEW: gas flow system with electronic gas flow control and new leakage test
- NEW: water-cooled sample port system for effective removal of atmospheric gases
- flexible configurations and measuring ranges for O and N
- high sensitivity IR and TC cells with low detection limits
- short analysis time
- powerful 8,5 kW* impulse furnace for temperatures in excess of 3,000 °C
- NEW: chemicals and tubes are hidden behind a door (removable)
- NEW: powerful software supporting data and application export, with comment fields
- single and multipoint calibration (linear regression)
- NEW: cooling via tap water, heat exchanger or chiller
Newdesign allows operation in production control and laboratory
Operation ELEMENTRAC ON-p
Operation of the ELEMENTRAC ON-p is simple and safe. The samples are weighed on the interfaced balance and the weight is transferred to the linked PC. Manual weight entry is also possible.
Depending on the application the sample has to be placed in a nickel basket or capsule. Granulates or pins made of steel can be placed directly on the sample port without any other tools. Some applications also require some additional fluxes like tin or nickel, which have to be filled into an empty graphite crucible. This graphite crucible is placed on the lower electrode tip and the analysis can be started. Typical analysis time is about 2,5 minutes.
All cell outputs and analyzer parameters are displayed in real time and are saved in a
Measuring Principle ELEMENTRAC ON-p
The measuring principle of the ELEMENTRAC ON-p allows for a wide measuring range. To analyze the sample, it is weighed and placed on the sample port. Flushing with carrier gas prevents atmospheric gas (oxygen and nitrogen) from getting into the furnace.
The graphite crucible is outgassed in the impulse furnace to reduce possible contaminations (e.g. residual
The CO2 is measured by the infrared cells to determine the oxygen content. CO2 and water are removed chemically and the nitrogen content is measured in the thermal conductivity cell. As on
Subject to technical modifications and errors